Web-App export and deployment
Steps in brief (for now; more details soon):
Exporting the Web-App
- Load the script you want to export in the script editor in desktop-Kojo.
- Clock on File -> Export Script as Web-App.
- This will compile the script via iKojo, and create a Web-App based on the script under
Running the Web-App locally
- Go over to
~/kojo-export/webapp, and launch index.html. This will open your system browser and start running the exported Web-App.
Putting the Web-App in the cloud (using Netlify)
- Assume that your Web-App will go live at
- Under the
~/kojo-export/webappfolder, update icon.png (if you want)
- Under the
~/kojo-export/webappfolder, update manifest.json (set
- Login to Netlify (you can use your github id for this).
- Drag-n-drop your
webappfolder onto the Netlify page to create a new site (with a Netlify generated name).
- Go to site settings and change the site name to
yourappfrom the Netlify generated name.
- Your site will now be live at
Creating a mobile app from your Web-App
- Point PWABuilder (www.pwabuilder.com) at your Web-App to generate an android app.
- More information on this soon…